| Visual & Performing Arts Philosophy
Civilization is defined by the arts. It is important for students to understand that the Visual and Performing Arts form a foundation and framework for our culture. The processes of the arts, both visual and performing allow students to discover individual talents, explore artistic strengths and uniquely express their ideas. Fundamentally, the Visual and Performing Arts help students enhance connections with concepts across all academic disciplines, and between cultures.
• Understand art are core subjects that enrich and are enriched by other disciplines.
• Enable students to understand that the arts communicate across time and through culture.
• Develop students' skills, knowledge, self-discipline, time and resource management needed for future success
• Create a safe environment necessary to take artistic risks and develop self-esteem.
• Provide the opportunity to apply today's technology as it pertains to the Visual and Performing Arts.
• Foster a lifelong appreciation for the arts